Crafty by Nature

Sunday, March 6, 2011

There is life after a heart attack!

Hello my friends -

Life has been a little hectic here since my "mild heart attack" before Christmas.  No one can figure out why it happened or why I am still having issues, so I have been spending a lot of time (too much time) with cardiologists.  At least I am not in hospital...

I feel fine.  So no worries here.

So here's the scoop.  I am SICK of making cards!  I don't think I could put another one together if my life depended on it.  Of course, I need to do something, so I decided to visit the amazing world of altered art.  I visited and loved it so much I moved in.

I am taking Christie Tomlinson's She Art course and am just loving it.  Christie is a wonferfully quirkie woman with huge talent.  She is an excellent teacher and has the gft of making everyone feel good about their art.

Here is my first attempt -

and here is my second.



I am also learning to make Art Journals, and although I can only dream of being as good as artists such as Sheena MooreI am loving the process.

Here is the cover to my first book, I also prepped the pages and added fiber to make it interesting  -

 and here are a few pages



This is my FAVORITE page so far



So as you can see, I have not been idle, just doing my own thing and enjoying it.  I will keep you posted as I travel my artsy journey. So far I am having a blast!

Have a great day my lovelies.


3 comments:

Cor* said...

Whoa! Danielle I hope you have a room at the 'Altered Art Inn' cuz these creations are spectacular! OMG I could NEVER do this so well! You have found your niche for sure! Wonderful, wonderful creations! Thanks for inspiring me to try something new (i think). I may have to get some supplies and take some classes like this(maybe) in the future. See how indecisive I am! lol Keep it up. I love it! Glad you are doing well and I sure hope they find out what going on with the ol' ticker!

Merry said...

Wow...these are just beautiful Danielle....glad to see you are keeping busy. I love the lady you have created on the first journal. Glad to hear that you are feeling well...hoping all the testing goes well too.

Danielle said...

Hi girls!

Thank you so much for your support. I truly appreciate it.

Loves to you xx