Crafty by Nature

Friday, October 24, 2008

People can be so kind

It is well into the afternoon. Housework is finished (for now) and just as I was about to sit and start working on the Bay Window Card, the doorbell rang. I was expecting a package so I wasn't terribly surprised to see the mailman standing there.

He handed me a box and went on his way.

I carried it into my studio, still thinking it was the supplies I had ordered, but then realized that I didn't recognize the address it was shipped from.

Oh my goodness. I had been RAKed. For those of you who don't know the term, RAK stands for Random Act of Kindness. Someone from one of the card crafting groups I belong to, had sent me a box full of goodies.

Tons of amazing stuff for me to play with. Rubber Stamps, both mounted and unmounted - I haven't counted them but trust me there are lots, paper, card stock, crimpers, and a treasure trove or brads, charms and other embellishments.

Now you have to understand I don't know this lady. I don't think we have ever spoken through the group, but she decided to surprise me. And boy did I get emotional.

Of course I looked up her phone number (you gotta love the internet) and phoned her. We had a lovely chat, it was as if we had known each other for ever, sharing personal stories the way women do and becoming friends in an instant.

I will definitely keep in touch with her... and the others.

Geez, people can be so kind.

No comments: