Crafty by Nature

Sunday, April 29, 2012

"Vintage Spools"

Because I love all things vintage and I love shabby chic but can't afford to buy the real thing, I decided to try to create my own spools.  This is definitely an upcycle project.



I used toilet paper rolls for the tubes, and printed out ephemera, that I resized in Photoshop.  I also recoloured the images.  I then created labels and found some Coats and Clark labels on their site.

I cut the toilet paper tubes and then rolled them smaller, using my Sookwang tape.  Then covered the tubes with the ads I had worked on.  I cut out two circles out of cardboard, and glued paper to them.  Inked the edges, added the Coats and Clarks Labels on the top and the old timey labels on which I wrote twill, cotton and satin.

Voila!  Instant vintage spools.

What do you think?

Bye for now.

D


1 comment:

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey Danielle.
Just found your blog through google connect. Thanks for following my freubels-freebies and i wish you a lot of fun with my sheets and images.
***************
Your art looks super !!!!
What a clever idea to use toilet paper rolls.

Hearty greetings from the Netherlands.
Rian