Crafty by Nature

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Promarkers vs. Copics - As I see it...

Hi all -

After working with both Copics and Promarkers, I chose to go with the Promarkers.

In a perfect world we would all drive Ferraris, live in mansions, have fully equipped studios and an endless supply of cash, but alas, that is not the case for most of us.

1.  Promarkers cost less... a lot less... like more than 50% less than Copics.

2.   There may be fewer colors in the Promarkers range , but there are enough to suit most crafters and card makers. (who really needs over 300 colors (note I said need of course we all want more.)

Here is a link to the full range. http://www.letraset.com/products/8-ProMarkers/  The 5-packs are a great introduction to the line.

3.  They seem to last forever.  I have had mine for well over a year, and use them almost every day, and they are still going strong.

4.  The tips are very manageable.  Fine tip for tight spaces and doodling/lettering; broad tip for larger spaces.

5. I love their skin tones and use them even on gesso-prepped canvas.  Here are examples of skin tones on a card, in my art journal and finally on a painting (note I played with a lot of texture on the last.





Well that's my opinion - take what you like and leave the rest - and remember

Imagination is intelligence having fun...

Bye for now.

No comments: