Crafty by Nature

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Folded Book

Hi there -

Decided to play this week.

This is an old "Aerospace Combustion Engine" Textbook that was given to me last year at a nearby garage sale. My thought at the time was to use some of the graphs and images for steampunk projects.

The book sat on its shelf for just about a year.

This week I decided to have a play with it.

I folded the pages while watching tv with hubby. (I find it hard to sit and do nothing for a long period of time, so this was a perfect mindless task.

After folding the 500 plus pages, I started staining the edges,  I added some cardstock scrap on the base, both front and back.  I wanted to keep some of the old edges visible so cut the card shorter than the actual book covers.

I then set to preparing little embellishments and added them.  The nice thing is that I was able to tuck little notes and things inside the pages, my own secret space...  Well not so secret now that you all know.

Anyway, here it is.

Enjoy!




No comments: