Crafty by Nature

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Good Saturday morning everyone!


It is a beautiful morning. The birds are expressing their joy with raucous delight, the sun is shining, and it isn't even 8:00 a.m. To those of you who have known me for a long time, yes, its true, I am up with the birds every single morning now. I like having coffee with my honey, before he leaves for work at 5:00 a.,.


I have to tell you that this week was excellent. I finally saw a wonderful lady surgeon who was able to give us the great news that the lumps in my breast and surrounding lymph nodes are definitely NOT cancer. What a relief. Now we wait to see a dermatologist/surgeon who will determine what treatment I will have to follow. I can live with that.

Blog Award!!!


As if that weren't enough good news, I awoke to find out that I had been awarded a blog award by Trish ! Trish is not only a wonderful card maker, but I am proud to say a terrific friend too. I love how the net allows us to call someone who lives on the other side of the planet a friend.



Here is how it works -



1. Comment on this blog.

2. Cut and paste the award logo and use it on your own blog.

3. Nominate 5 to 10 blogs you feel show great attitude and gratitude.

4. Link to your nominees within your blog post.

5. Comment on their blogs to let them know they received the award.

6. Link back to the person who gave you the award to show your appreciation.

And so it is with great pleasure that I nominate the following bloggers for an award:

Denise Clark's inspirational blog - STAMPING VACATION. I love this blog and feel as if I have come to know Denise through her writing and crafting. Well worth a visit.

Hands, Head and Heart, Melanie Muenchinger's terrific blog. Melanie is a designer for Gina K. and I love her stamp sets. Great inspiration, warm and friendly tone.

The Born Doodler, Michael Strong's Blog. Now if you aren't familiar with Mike's beautiful stamps and recycling genius, you must visit his site.

Soxsational Scraps, probably the first blog I became a fan of. I love her work, her generosity and the great new sites she refers us too. Her art is awesome, and her digital sets are gorgeous!

Scrapped into a frenzy! My wonderful friend Betty is the owner of this one. If you want to learn how to design from a sketch or how to create beautiful whimsical cards, this is the one for you. Betty, hope your birthday was wonderful yesterday!

and last but not least

Amazing Paper Grace Becca's blog takes my breath away. I have yet to visit it and not be blown away by her art. These are not mere cards, they are frame-worthy pieces that I would love to be able to replicate.

There are so many more blogs that I love, so please don't think this is my whole list and for goodness sake, the order of my nominations is insignificant, I just wrote what came to my mind first...

Ladies and Mike thank you for providing the stimuli which is the impetus for my creativity.

Hugs,

Danielle

2 comments:

Denise Clark said...

Danielle, what a surprise! I didn't know you had an award over here for Stamping Vacation! Thank you so much!!!! With Bryan being in the hospital I haven't been able to blog as I normally would so I completely missed this. By the way, Bryan is honored to have you as his "aunt". :)

Your post is so happy. You can't help but smile! I will be back!

michele said...

That is wonderful news, Danielle. You must have been so worried. I had a scare just like you, but was told I am just lumpy and didn't have to have any further treatment. I hope you don't have to have anything else done.

If you haven’t had a chance to check out my blog recently, I wanted to let all my followers know that I’m embarking on a new challenge.

Extremely Crafty is calling all crafters to unite against childhood cancer as part of our Craft Against Cancer challenge for the Royal Marsden Cancer Campaign.

Help by doing what you love – crafting and we would love to tell the world about your efforts. We’ll post on our Fundraiser page your photo and link back to your blog or website.

Read more at http://www.extremelycrafty.co.uk/Craft4cancer.html

Best wishes, Danielle! Michele x